Here is the PDF material for the preparation of the NTA UGC NET/JRF examination. This exam is conducted twice a year for junior research fellows (JRF) and
What is UGC NET/JRF Exam?
Each year, twice UGC conducts the exams of JRF/NET. It’s an eligibility test for those who want to become
- Junior research fellows (= can do research with monthly stipend ₹ 25,000/- per month approx.)
- Assistant professors (=can do job with starting salary ₹ 76,000 per month approx.)
however certain universities require both NET certificate as well as Ph.D. completion for an appointment)
Who can apply?
Those who completed or soon to complete Masters (Post graduation) with minimum:
- 55% for unreserved category
- 50% for SC, ST, OBC and PH
UGC NET Age Limit:
For JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) -
- Age Limit — The candidate should not be more than 30 years of age. However, for the May 2021 exam, the JRF age limit has been increased to 31 years.
For Assistant Professor -
- No upper age limit to apply for the post of Assistant professor.
Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit -
- Reserved category candidates (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD) will be given relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
- The candidates with an LL.M degree will be given 3 years of age relaxation in the JRF Exam.
- Candidates who have research experience will also be given proper relaxation in the age limit.
UGC NET Application Form Fees -
Category | Application Fee
GENERAL | ₹ 1000/-
OBC (Non- Creamy Layer) | ₹ 500/-
SC/ST/PWD/Transgender | ₹ 250/-
The application fee can be paid both online as well as offline. Applicants can submit their application fee online through Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking. They can also deposit their application fee offline through the Bank E-challan generated online. They should pay in cash to the Canara/Syndicate/ICICI Bank.
Documents Required to fill UGC NET 2021 Application Form -
There are necessary documents that the candidates need to provide while filling the application form as proof of their eligibility for the examination. The list of such documents is given below:
- Marksheet of last semester/Degree certificate for certifying the qualification.
- Copy of Board’s certificate to verify the candidate’s name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, and Date of Birth (DOB).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Valid Id proof (Bank details/Voter Id/Passport/Ration card/PAN card or any Government Id)
- Scanned Photograph and Signature
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section) certificate if belong to that category.