There are various features and functions in the latest version of Skype, but we are going to discuss a few of them and these are listed below.
Sending instant messages
To send an instant message in version 8 on desktop, do the following:
- First of all, you have to go to its “Chat screen”.
- Here you have to select a name from the list of contacts or a group’s name that you wish to send the message.
- The chat window will appear.
- In this window, you have to type your message.
- After typing your message, hit the “Send” button to send your message to a specified contact.
Making a call in Skype version 8 - Office.com/Setup
Using the call option is always free on Skype until and unless you are calling a Skype contact. But calling someone who is not on Skype, a person is required to have a Skype Credit or he should subscribe to a plan. To call someone on Skype, go through the following procedure:
- First of all, open the “Skype” app by tapping on its icon.
- Now, navigate to the “contacts” option and find that you wish to call.
- After selecting the contact, tap on the button which looks like the “audio call” button.
- To make the video call, click on the “video call” icon.
- If you wish to disconnect or hang up the ongoing, simply tap on the “end call” button.
Turn a chat into a call-
- Open the chat window of the person you wish to call.
- On top of the window, you will see options for “video call” and “audio call”.
- Select the desired option and enjoy free calling services.
To sum up-
Microsoft is continuously announcing updates to its apps, based on customer requests and feedback. You can check out for updates on Microsoft’s official website or visit Office.com/Setup. Here you can leave your suggestions and provide the team with the feedback so that they can continue to make such improvements.